Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Heart that Questioned an Angel


A Heart that Questioned an Angel
 (23rd/December/2008)  



Oh! Heavenly creature, do you wish to care?
And answer my doubts that I declare
Where are humans that once were born?
And those who ruled with love and not by hatred among?

Come whisper the truth if you wish to care
And be the light through darkness I fear
Lost I stand amid the many men
And reached the path from where I began


Will you not answer my plights and come down;
And wipe my tears and say, “It’s all right, son”?
Will you not ease my pain dwelling for so long?
Or walk my path and say, how it feels being all alone?

Oh be blessed the sky who taught me well
To hide my tears and cheerfully smile
I only joke, for I wish to hide myself from all
And laugh from fear of being left abandoned by all

For how long will you stop, stare and smile?
Not forever, but come down for a while
This night in sleep when I saw an angel bright
That night my soul left this world in fright

In world of heroes then, I found myself to be
Where the birds sang and danced the happy wind
And from far, an angel glanced and smiled
As if to say, that world was never meant for me!

-Sameer Ahmed Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment